Archive for September, 2016

Rowcroft Hospice Torquay

A member of our office staff Fiona is taking part in another event for Rowcroft Hospice this weekend as part of their fundraising drive after having 1 million pounds cut from its budget. We all wish you the best of luck Fi and look forward to hearing how much is raised for Rowcroft.

images

  • Rowcroft is a charity, completely independent of the NHS.
  • Rowcroft provides its services without charge.
  • Rowcroft’s services reach out far from its base in Torquay, covering 300 square miles from Dartmouth to Dawlish and right out as far as Buckfastleigh, Widecombe-in-the Moor and Bovey Tracey.
  • We are the only adult hospice serving the population of South Devon.
  • We offer multi-professional clinical and holistic services for patients and their families.
  • Rowcroft Community Teams work with patients, GPs and other community healthcare professionals early in the progressive, life-limiting diagnosis, providing specialist support throughout.
  • Nursing care provided within the inpatient unit, outpatient centre and indeed the community palliative care teams within people’s own homes is done so by our own Rowcroft nurses.
  • Over 60% of the patients cared for by Rowcroft are cared for within their community, rather than at the hospice itself.
  • 50% of patient population served is located within Torbay, with a further 50% of patients living in the surrounding parts of South Devon.
  • Rowcroft Outpatient Services includes physiotherapy, occupational therapy, chronic oedema specialists, complementary therapy in addition to bereavement support, art, music and spiritual therapy.
  • The Rowcroft Hospice at Home service now provides care in the last two weeks of life, 24 hrs a day / 7 days a week, within patients own homes throughout the 300 square miles of South Devon.
  • The total cost of supporting and delivering our services is £8.7 million per year.
  • 73% of the funding to meet these costs comes from the generosity of the supporting community within South Devon, with the other 27% coming from the NHS.   Fiona and her family also took part in the Colour rush run for Rowcroft in Paignton  2 weekends ago, raising over £200.   Donate now

Posted in: General News

Leave a Comment (0) →

The Tour of Britain 2016

The day has arrived… The tour of Britain returns today as stage 6 arrives here in our area.. good luck from all at Team Removals  to the competitors.
We have added the route map below for all those who plan to support the riders or need to know about local road closures..

tour-britain-2016-stage-6

START SIDMOUTH                  11:30

Ottery St Mary                            11:49

Chineway Hill KoM                   11:50

Honiton                                       12:01

Willand                                       12:25

Halberton                                   12:30

Tiverton sprint                          12:36

Tiverton Fore street                 12:40

Bickleigh                                    12:48

Cadbury Hill KoM                   12:49

Crediton sprint                        13: 09

Copplestone                             13:16

Bow                                            13:24

Moretonhampstead                14:02

Longdown                                14:22

Ide                                             14:29

Dunchideock KoM                 14:35

Haldon forest park                14:39

Chudleigh sprint                   14:50

Bovey tracey high st             14:57

Haytor KoM                           15:00

FINISH DARTMOOR HAYTOR      15:09

Posted in: General News

Leave a Comment (0) →

Tour of Britain

tour of britain 2

Tour of Britain

 

Stage 6 of the Tour of Britain is arriving here in Exeter this Friday, with the cyclists travelling 93 miles from Sidmouth to Haytor, Dartmoor.
The route is as follows:
Sidmouth to Haytor, Dartmoor
• 3,100 metres of climbs
Estimated times of arrival
• Start: Sidmouth, The Esplanade 11:30
• Ottery St Mary 11:49
• Chineway Hill KoM 11:50
• Honiton 12:01
• Tiverton Sprint 12:36
• Tiverton, Fore Street 12:40
• Cadbury Hill KoM 12:49
• Crediton Sprint 13:09
• Moretonhampstead 14:01
• Ide 14:29
• Dunchideock KoM 14:35
• Chudleigh Sprint 14:50
• Bovey Tracey, High St 14:57
• Haytor KoM 15:00
• Finish: Dartmoor, Haytor 15:09

Posted in: General News

Leave a Comment (0) →